Braces your way!
So you just heard you need braces…don’t worry! Braces today come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, making life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and even mores stylish than in the past. Some common options include:
- Traditional metal braces
- Clear braces
- Invisalign Teen
How long will I have to wear braces?
The amount of time it takes to treat your smile with braces depends on two key factors:
- What needs correction — The amount of treatment needed to correct a problem will determine how long the process takes. It may take one patient only 12-14 months to complete their treatment, while it may take another patient 24-26 months. Treatment times can vary depending on how quickly your body responds and what is needed to give you an extraordinary smile!
- YOU! — Your willingness to use the appliances our doctors give you plays a major role in the length of time it takes to complete your treatment; this truly will help make your treatment shorter! Also, keeping your appointments as scheduled will keep you moving toward the ultimate, awesome smile!
What food should I avoid while wearing braces?
Basically, anything chewy or sticky, hard or crunchy, and very acidic drinks are culprits that contribute to a longer time in braces and/or discoloration and decay of our teeth. We want you to enjoy your braces experience, so here’s a quick list of foods to avoid:
- Sticky foods- caramels, toffee, tootsie rolls, licorice, gummy bears
- Hard foods- nuts, popcorn, hard candy, bagel, pizza crust, ice
- Foods that require biting into- apples and carrots- unless cooked or cut into small pieces, corn on the cob
Orthodontic treatment is a big part of life for many people your age. Today’s technology makes it much easier to look and feel great while brightening your smile at Dr. Panucci and Dr. Jackfert’s office!